Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Etched Glass Door


I was part of a showhouse for a school back in the 90's in Springfield, Massachusetts. This was originally a house that had been transformed into housing and offices for the school. This door was part of the room I did. The school was great - they gave all of us carte blanche to do anything we wanted. The glass was too bare and I hated the thought of a curtain - it would be too easy to get dirty or torn - but at the same time there definitely needed to be some privacy. I ended up modifying an Art Deco design I found and etched the glass. I wish this photo was better, but my photography skills and camera were awful back then. The squares at the bottom of the glass are signs the Showhouse coordinators put up to direct visitors on the outside of the door.

No comments: